Friday, November 2, 2012

Time that I felt proud of myself

Have you ever be prouded of yourself ? Somebody have asked me this question before, I would say "yes". Since I was borned until where I am right now, I have one very important experience in my life that I feel so proud of myself and I feel that I would never forget for the rest of my life.

It was happened after my gratuation which was eight years ago. I was looking for a job at that time, I could not figure out what kind of job do I like. I just wanted the job which related to my education. It has been almost a year that I wasted my time finding what I like or what I wanted to be. Finally, a friend of my ask me to invest in a business. It was a restaurant business. Although it was a small one but I made it. Some people think I was too young but I though If I am not going to make it or if I lose money, I still have time to fight again. I was thinking for a while then started  asking people who has experience to get some idea to start. I did not have any connection about reataurant business but my friend did. We did everything by ourselves from the very start. Anyway, I did need some help about some paper works since I was too you and did have any credit to do business.

Me and my partnver, we started from repainting and changing some furnitures in the restaurant. We went to the second handed furniture store and tried to mix and match. It was not bad for a starter. We planed what to put on the menu and created some new items, also setting the price and running promotions. I was realized how marketing is important to a business. Everything was really really tough for us at the beginning, there was a time that we were so despaired and think that we have made that wrong desicion.Everyday, there were problems and we have learned how and when to solved them. My patience has been built up and I am being more mature because I gained experiences and I am tougher. I have learned how to deal with people or difficult customers, I have learned how to maintain qualities but make profit so that I can stay in a business etc. However, I was doing it for about three years until I made another important decision to come here to finish Master Degrss. I hope this will help my in my future career or business more or less.

Finally, this is the most important that I feel so proud of myself and I have to thank my family for support. I think this experince teach me some many things. I wish that I could use them in the next future.

1 comment: